Exchange Students: academic information
Each year, IGR-IAE Rennes welcomes 50 to 60 exchange from our partner universities. IGR-IAE is happy and proud to host these students and guide them through their study project in our school. Each year, more than 50 nationalities are represented on our campus, bringing variety, richness and an international outlook to our school.
When you have been selected by your home university and you have been nominated to IGR-IAE Rennes by the international office in your home university, the application procedure will be as follows
French as a Foreign Language (Exchange Students)
- Foreign students participating in an exchange program in one of the faculties of the Université de Rennes can benefit of 44 hours of French classes (2 classes per week).
Thanks to this offer, even total beginners in French can come to Rennes and get by in their daily life in France :
- free of charge: only ONE semester (fall or spring semester),
- 150€ for a second semester.
These free courses are given at CIREFE (Centre International Rennais d’Études de Français pour Étrangers) on the Université de Rennes 2 – Villejean campus. They are organized by group of level. The incoming students’ officer is in charge of coordinating the registrations.
Key Data & Academic calendar
At IGR-IAE Rennes Graduate School of Management, the academic year is divided in two semesters, with a one or two-week break at Christmas and Easter.
Courses in French (BA 3rd year and MSc 1st year):
BA 3rd year:
- classes from September 1 to December 22, 2023.
- exams: January 8-10, 2023.
- Classes from September 1 to December 15, 2023
- exams from December 18-22, 2023
Courses in English:
- classes from September 1 to December 22, 2023
- exams: January _-10, 2023
Courses in French
BA 3rd year:
- courses from January 3 to April 7, 2024
- exams from April 11 to 14, 2024
- resit exams June 17 to 21, 2024 for both semesters
MSc 1st year:
- courses from January 11 to April 19, 2024
- exams from April 29 to May 3, 2024
- resit exams: May 27 to 31, 2024 for both semesters
Courses in English:
- courses January 11 to April 19
- Exams: April 29 to May 3, 2024
- resit exams June 17 to 21, 2024
Grading - France
At IGR-IAE Rennes, as more generally in France, we use a 0-20 scale to report all the grades. The grading scale goes from the bottom grade, 0 points (extremely disastrous performances or “no show”) to the top grade, 19-20 points for an outstanding performance (rarely awarded). 10 is the passing mark (10-11 C, 12-14 B, 15-16 A, 17-20 A+). Grades from 0 to 9,9 will fail and lead to re-sit exams (second sessions).
French classes (Licence 3 and Master 1): an exam period is organized at the end of each semester, as listed above. During that week you will have exams for some of the courses. Other courses will be examined right after the end of the course. Other grades (continuous assessment) will be included in your final grade. Each professor will inform his/her students of the examination modalities of his/her course.
Course in English for exchange students: courses will be examined right after the end of each course, others will be held as continuous assessment.