Research at IGR-IAE Rennes
An essential mission of IGR-IAE Rennes, research is among the major concerns of the teachers-researchers of the Institute. Research helps to ensure that students, management staff and doctoral students receive high-level education and up-to-date management innovations.
Research at IGR-IAE Rennes
For many years, IAE Rennes has maintained close collaborations and partnerships with leading research laboratories, “grandes écoles”, large companies, SMEs and public organizations, as part of an ambitious research policy. Reaching for managerial implications is part of management sciences. Therefore, IGR-IAE Rennes encourages all academic initiatives aimed at bringing “research” and “business” closer together. The IGR-IAE Foundation is a perfect illustration of all these efforts.
In 2021, research at IGR-IAE represented :
A strategic research policy
- An Associate Director for Research
- A Scientific Board
- A Doctoral School in Management and Economics (EDGE)
- A research laboratory: CREM, UMR CNRS 6211
The CREM, Research Center for Economics and Management, is part of the University of Rennes 1, the CNRS and the University of Caen-Normandy. It is the only Joint Research Unit in the Greater West of France integrating professors-researchers in management, and benefits from structural staff and financial resources.
Research and Companies
The search for partnerships to support research activities of the IGR-IAE Rennes faculty members results in the conclusion of research contracts or more specific agreements (such as the CIFRE agreements) with companies, banks, public bodies or associations. Two types of partnership allow companies to access the research laboratories’ staff and resources (databases, software, etc.) and to benefit from the direct support of at least one active and experienced researcher.
The “research contracts” establish the conditions under which the Institute’s researchers will carry out research for the benefit of the sponsoring organization.
The “CIFRE agreements” allow companies to conduct a research project (confidential or not) by recruiting a junior researcher assigned to the project. These CIFRE agreements are a program of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research program and are managed by the ANRT.
They allow companies to :
- develop a research project (confidential or not),
- recruit a young researcher who will register for a PhD,
- access to the staff and facilities of a leading research laboratory (databases, software, …)
- have the support of an active and experienced researcher who, in collaboration with an industrial supervisor, works on the project and supervises the work of the young researcher(s).
A few examples of CIFRE agreements signed with IGR-IAE Rennes professors:
TALAN / Topic: Coordination, collaboration, trust and performance: impact of the blockchain on the supply chain
NORAC / Topic: Adopting sustainable food consumption behaviorsLes axes de Recherche
The lines of research
Various academic associations
- IGR-IAE Foundation
- AGRH (French Association of Human Resources Management)
- AFFI (French Finance Association)
- AFM (French Marketing Association)
- AFC (French Accounting Association)
- FNEGE (National Foundation for the Teaching of Business Management)
An association of doctoral students
Created on February 9, 2010, IGR Sigma aims to promote exchanges between doctoral students of IGR-IAE Rennes, serve as a channel for collective actions of a professional, cultural and social nature, and promote the visibility of doctoral students and the work conducted in their environment.
Associate Director for Research
Deputy Director of CREM